So, the day finally came and you were approved for your social security claim. All of that hard work paid off, and you finally rest easy now that you are starting to receive your monthly benefits. It’s safe to say that you are completely done with Social Security, right? Well that is not necessarily true. If you experience certain life changes you have to report them to Social Security. The following are changes that you must report:
- If you return to work.
- If you become incarcerated.
- If you are convicted of a felony.
- If there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest.
- Your new address, if you move.
- A change in the status of any independent.
If you receive SSI, you must also report:
- Any changes in your living arrangements.
- Any changes in your financial situation.
- Any income from any source other than SSI. This includes, but is not limited to Alimony, child support, lottery winnings, and wages.
- Any changes in your marital status.
- Any new members added to your household.
- Any household members who have moved away.
The Social Security process is quite lengthy. We hope that everyone eventually gets to the approved status. If you aren’t there yet, give our office a call for a free consultation. You can call us toll free: 1-877-526-3457.